WHEN YOU VISIT
- Reserve your tickets online before arriving at the Museum. Call 847.967.4800 if you require assistance. All visitors – including members and guests of members – must have a ticket to enter the Museum.
- Bring your face mask: All visitors ages 2 and up must wear a mask over their nose and mouth – regardless of vaccination status. Based on the latest CDC guidance, this will ensure the safety of our Survivors, visitors, volunteers, and staff.
- One at a time: Visitors will be admitted one party at a time. If you are visiting as a household group, please enter the Museum together.
- Leave your bags behind: Our coat check is temporarily closed. Please plan ahead and leave coats, backpacks, and large items at home or in your car.
- Plan ahead: Please note that we are open Wednesday through Sunday, 10 am through 5 pm, with last entry at 4 pm.
AT THE MUSEUM
Use our hand sanitizer – The Museum will provide hand sanitizer to all visitors upon entry. During your visit, feel free to use any of the additional hand sanitizing stations throughout the Museum.
Practice social distancing – We ask visitors to follow social distancing guidelines.
BYOM (Bring Your Own Map) – We are saving trees & staying safe by not offering printed materials at this time.
We offer digital versions of Museum maps, self-guided tour guide, and audio tours on the Illinois Holocaust Museum app, available in the App Store and on Google Play. Please bring your headphones or earbuds to take advantage of these self-guided tours during your visit.
There is FREE WiFi available in the Museum.
On-Site Program Guidelines
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination for all attendees is required.
This can be your physical vaccine card, a photo of your vaccine card, or a digital wallet screen (such as Bindle) with your uploaded vaccine card.
- If unvaccinated, a negative test is required.
This can be results of a PCR test taken within 72 hours, or an antigen test taken within 6 hours of a program start time.
- A mask requirement for all participants (except for on-stage presenters), regardless of vaccination status.
Masks must be worn covering the nose and mouth. If you do not have a mask, the Museum will provide you with an accepted mask before entry.
- COVID-19 vaccination is required for Museum staff and seasonal contractors, and proof of vaccination or a negative test is required for presenters.
Entry will not be permitted to anyone who is unable to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative test.
Our Safety Commitment
The Museum has established a series of procedures to ensure the safety of all guests, volunteers, and staff.
- Our entire building has been treated with a powerful anti-microbial spray.
- We maintain high relative humidity levels in the Museum, which naturally inhibits the spread of COVID-19.
- Our air filtering system utilizes MERV 14 air filters. These filters exceed recommended standards and contribute to a hygienic environment.