Make a Difference! The Harvey L. Miller Family Youth Exhibition
Make a Difference! provides an age-appropriate and highly interactive space where hands-on activities for kids ages 8-12 foster leadership skills, empathy, self-esteem, and positive decision making. Children can:
- Peek inside school lockers to learn about Upstanders like Rosa Parks and Ryan Hreljac, who took a stand for positive change.
- Help problem-solve situations they might encounter at school, on the playground, or in the neighborhood.
- Create self-portraits through the power of words, learning more about what makes you, you.
- Make a pledge to be an Upstander and learn how other visitors are making a difference.
- Tell their own stories on video about local or global issues that matter to them, and share how they might work toward change.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn and grow with your child– it’s never too early to talk to your kids about standing up for themselves and others!
To book a field trip in the Youth Exhibition, please visit our Field Trips page.