Make a Difference! The Harvey L. Miller Family Youth Exhibition
Make a Difference! The Harvey L. Miller Family Youth Exhibition is a highly interactive space where hands-on activities for kids ages 8-12 foster leadership skills, empathy, self-esteem, and positive decision-making. This exhibition uses the tenets of character education – trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship – to help visitors learn what they can do to be Upstanders and affect positive change in their world.
Although designed with visitors ages 8-12 (grades 3-6) in mind, the exhibition and its themes resonate with visitors of all ages.
- Open school lockers to learn about Upstanders who took a stand for positive change
- Problem-solve situations that might happen at school, on the playground, or in the neighborhood.
- Create self-portraits using the power of words.
- Make a pledge to be an Upstander and learn how other visitors are making a difference.
- Tell their own stories about issues that matter to them, and share how they might work toward change.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn and grow with your child – it’s never too early to talk to your kids about standing up for themselves and others!
Virtual Student Field Trips Available:Learn More
Photo credits: Scott Edwards