We are offering both virtual and traveling teaching trunks during the 2021 – 2022 school year. The traveling teaching trunks will be available starting January 1, 2022. Virtual teaching trunks are available during the entire school year.
Virtual Trunk: Identity and Building a Positive Community (Grades K – 4)
In the virtual teaching trunk, students explore personal and cultural identity, empathy, family, and friendship through the lens of character education.
- How to be a contributing part of the local and global community
- What it takes to care of one’s self and others
- How and why to speak up for what is right
- How to speak up for those being bullied
- How to understand core values of respect, compassion, justice, civic virtue, and citizenship
- Ready-made lesson plans for teachers to use synchronously or asynchronously
- Read-aloud books and corresponding activities & questions
- And Tango Makes Three
- Carl the Complainer
- Frog and Toad Are Friends
- Video clips and activities from Make A Difference! The Harvey L. Miller Family Youth Exhibition
Myself, My Community (K-2nd Grade)
This trunk is available beginning January 1, 2022. Students will explore personal and cultural identity, empathy, family, and friendship through the lens of character education. They will explore how to be a contributing part of their local and global community, what it takes to care for themselves and others, and how to speak up for what is right.
- The Lion and the Mouse
- The Name Jar
- If You Lived Here: Houses of the World