Interns help Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center fulfill our mission of promoting human rights and working against genocide. Interns work with the exhibition, preservation, and interpretation of Museum collections, assist with educational programs and fundraisers, and take part in marketing and day-to-day operations. College undergraduates, recent college graduates, and students in graduate school have the opportunity to focus their hands-on work within one department while gaining an understanding of all aspects of the Museum.
While Museum internships are unpaid, we do participate in university internship credit programs. Please contact your college counselor or advisor for more information on receiving college credit for an internship, being sure to include any requirements for receiving credit when you apply.
Deadlines and Applications Information:
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis; however, priority is given to early applicants.
- Fall, Winter/Spring: Interns must commit to working at least 20 hours/week for a minimum of 12 weeks during a selected work period.
- Summer: Interns who commit to working at least 32 hours/week for a minimum of 8 weeks are preferred. Summer internships start on Monday, June 14th, 2021, and run through Friday, August 6th, 2021.
- The Museum is carefully monitoring the COVID-19 precautions in place. For the time being, internship placement (remote vs. on-site) will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Interns may complete a variety of tasks within their department and may have the opportunity to attend department meetings, special events, and rotational lectures.
- Some positions may require select evening or weekend availability to accommodate special events.
- The Museum seeks diversity in its internship program and provides equal opportunity to all applicants.
- The Museum requires that all back-of-house personnel, including interns, clear a background screening administered by our Director of Security and a third party screening firm who are the only ones who see the results. Necessary paperwork will be provided to you for completion upon the offer of an internship.
Contact Information >
Vice President of Finance & Operations