Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Based on the New York Times bestselling book and Tumblr page of the same name, Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg is the first-ever museum exhibition focused solely on this judicial icon, whose image graces mugs, t-shirts, posters, and bobbleheads. The exhibit is a vibrant exploration of Justice Ginsburg’s life and her numerous, often simultaneous roles as a student, wife, mother, lawyer, judge, women’s rights pioneer, and Internet phenomenon. Whether you’re a fan or a legal scholar, don’t miss this blockbuster exhibit!
This exhibition was developed by Associate Curator at Los Angeles Skirball Cultural Center, Cate Thurston, in partnership with Irin Carmon and Shana Knizhnik, co-authors of the New York Times bestselling book, Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Briefs and other writings by RBG, including some of her famously searing dissents, are woven throughout the exhibit. In keeping with the spirit of Carmon and Knizhnik’s book, the exhibition riffs off the playful connection between Notorious RBG and rapper Notorious B.I.G. The name of each gallery section alludes to a song or lyric from the late hip-hop artist.
- WGN – Around Town Preview
- ABC7 – Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg comes to Illinois Holocaust Museum
- Fox32 – New Exhibit Showcases the Life and Impact of Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- WTTW – A Tour of the Exhibition Notorious RBG with Son James Ginsburg
- Chicago Tribune – “Notorious RBG” Now a Museum Exhibit in Skokie, Too
- Chicago Tribune – Illinois Holocaust Museum’s “Notorious RBG” Exhibit Could Serve as a Memorial for the Late Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg is organized and circulated by the Skirball Cultural Center, Los Angeles, California.