Illinois Holocaust Museum and Education Center
Position Title: Part Time Custodian (Hourly/Nonexempt)
Reports to: Building Operations Manager
About the Museum:
Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center uses the history and lessons of the Holocaust to transform the future – to equip students, educators and public visitors with knowledge, skills, and courage to take a stand for humanity. The Museum currently welcomes and touches the lives of more than 150,000 people of all ages, nationalities and cultural backgrounds each year. We empower them to become Upstanders for social justice, to speak out against intolerance and genocide, and to lead by example. We do this through cutting-edge exhibitions, innovative public programming, high-quality student and educator services, and partnerships with arts and cultural organizations, educational institutions, and law enforcement agencies.
The Custodian will assist the Building Operations Manager and Facilities Team with the maintenance and upkeep of interior spaces and exterior grounds of the Museum. An ideal candidate has a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn. This position offers a competitive salary and a positive work environment.
Primary Job Function:
- Regular scheduled hours are Monday through Friday from 11A.M. to 3P.M. with the potential for nights and weekends as needed
- Cleaning of grounds including trash removal, sweeping and raking, snow removal
- Cleaning and stocking of restrooms
- Empty garbage and perform general post-event cleanups
- Event set-up and break down including table and chair placements
- Vacuuming, mopping, glass and surface cleaning
- Quick response to requests for clean up
- General receiving duties
- Candidate should possess the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior custodial experience preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with general cleaning procedures
- Ability to engage in manual labor and lift up to 60 pounds
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people and personalities
- Punctuality and a strong work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised
Interested applicants should email or fax a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax 847-967-4808.
Address correspondence to: Illinois Holocaust Museum and Education Center, 9603 Woods Drive, Skokie, IL 60077.