Illinois Holocaust Museum and Education Center
Position Title: Technology Operations Coordinator (Nonexempt)
Reports to: Information Technology Manager
About the Museum:
Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center uses the history and lessons of the Holocaust to transform the future—to equip students, educators and public visitors with knowledge, skills, and courage to take a stand for humanity. The Museum currently welcomes and touches the lives of more than 150,000 people of all ages, nationalities and cultural backgrounds each year. We empower them to become Upstanders for social justice, to speak out against intolerance and genocide, and to lead by example. We do this through cutting-edge exhibitions, innovative public programming, high-quality student and educator services, and partnerships with arts and cultural organizations, educational institutions, and law enforcement agencies.
The Technology Operations Coordinator will assist the IT Manager with the maintenance of the Museum’s IT infrastructure, as well as oversee application/PC support and audio/visual for the Museum. This person will be open to learning all the technology aspects of the Museum. This person is responsible for acting as the Manager on Duty Thursday evenings and coordinating audio visual technology for events on those days. A technical mind, along with intrapersonal skills and a willingness to learn are the most important qualities for the position.
Primary Job Function:
- Provide PC troubleshooting and assistance of Museum software and end-user issues
- Assist with the management of users and permissions via Active Directory
- Monitor staff’s virtual desktop via Citrix XenDesktop
- Update museum website to reflect changing exhibits/events
- Assist with daily backups
- Regulate telephony infrastructure
- Provide Audio-Visual support for the Museum
- Train users on aspects of Point of Sale software
- Run the Museum as Manager on Duty on Thursday nights and assist with weekend events as needed
- Support Museum I.T. Infrastructure when I.T. Manager is not in the office
Candidate should possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a technical field.
- Minimum of two years of experience in an information technology role.
- Knowledge of PC trouble shooting and installation
- Basic knowledge of Audio Visual systems and how they work
- Basic knowledge of server networking
- Proficiency in MS Office/ Office 365 a plus
- Self-starter with excellent organization skills
- Availability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally.
Interested applicants should email or fax a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 847-967-4808.
Address correspondence to: Illinois Holocaust Museum and Education Center, 9603 Woods Drive, Skokie, IL 60077.