Assistant Director of Development
Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center
Position Title: Assistant Director of Development (Exempt)
Reports to: Vice President of Development
About the Museum:
Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center uses the history and lessons of the Holocaust to transform the future—to equip students, educators and public visitors with knowledge, skills, and courage to take a stand for humanity. The Museum currently welcomes and touches the lives of more than 150,000 people of all ages, nationalities and cultural backgrounds each year. We empower them to become Upstanders for social justice, to speak out against intolerance and genocide, and to lead by example. We do this through cutting-edge exhibitions, innovative public programming, high-quality student and educator services, and partnerships with arts and cultural organizations, educational institutions, and law enforcement agencies.
The Assistant Director of Development will be responsible for identifying and soliciting new donors in the five to six figure range and maintaining relationships with individual, corporate, foundation and capital donors to achieve annual and capital fundraising goals. This position offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment.
Primary Job Function:
Solicit and steward new individual, corporate and foundation donors for support of our annual campaign, programs, exhibitions, planned giving initiative and capital campaign.
Candidate should possess the following:
- Minimum of five years of successful advancement experience with a track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts in the five and six-figure range.
- Excellent understanding of major donor prospect qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship and ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Exceptional written & oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Proven track record in writing grants a plus.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field.
Interested applicants should email or fax a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax 847-967-4808.
Address correspondence to: Illinois Holocaust Museum and Education Center, 9603 Woods Drive, Skokie, IL 60077.