7th-8th Student Leadership Day Nomination Guidelines
2018 STUDENT LEADERSHIP DAY
Nominate your 7th-8th grade student today
- Students in grades 7-8th grade in accredited schools or homeschools are eligible to participate.
- Students should have a sincere interest in enhancing their knowledge of the Holocaust, genocide, and/or human rights issues.
- Students have shown an interest in leadership at school or in their communities, or have shown an interest in creating social awareness.
- Students should be willing to actively participate in discussion and activities, meet new people and become student ambassadors for the Illinois Holocaust Museum when they return to school or their respective communities.
- Students must stay for the entire day, 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- A teacher or administrator must accompany the students so that there is follow-through back at the school site. (Limit 2 teachers/chaperones per school.)
Nomination Letter Instructions
As the nominating teacher, please prepare and submit (via your school email address) a letter nominating up to 8 students who you feel best exemplify the above guidelines. The letter should also include a clear explanation of why you feel the nominated students should participate in the day. In your nomination letter, please indicate your preference of program dates.
- Due to space and program limitations, we cannot accept more than 8 student nominations.
- A maximum of 8 students per school are permitted. Please consult with your colleagues before submitting your nomination letter.
Student Leadership Day nomination letters should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your school email address by Wednesday, January 30, 2019.
Once your nomination letter is received and reviewed by our committee, you will receive notification of your invitation status via email from the Illinois Holocaust Museum.
Presenting Sponsor for Student Leadership Days