7th-8th Student Leadership Day Nomination Guidelines
2018 STUDENT LEADERSHIP DAY
Nominate your 7th-8th grade students today
- Students in grades 7-8 in accredited schools or homeschools are eligible to participate.
- Students should have a sincere interest in enhancing their knowledge of the Holocaust, genocide, and/or human rights issues.
- Students should have shown an interest in leadership at school or in their communities, or have shown an interest in creating social awareness. Schools are particularly encouraged to nominate students who are not yet leaders in their schools, but who have the potential to be. Suggested nomination criteria available by request.
- Students should be willing to actively participate in discussion and activities, meet new people and become student ambassadors for the Illinois Holocaust Museum when they return to school or their respective communities.
- Students must stay for the entire day, 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- A teacher or administrator must accompany the students so that there is follow-through back at the school site. (Limit 2 teachers/chaperones per school.)
Nomination Letter Instructions
As the nominating teacher, please prepare and submit (via your school email address) a letter nominating up to 8 students who you feel best exemplify the above guidelines. The letter should also include a clear explanation of why you feel the nominated students should participate in the day. Schools are encouraged to nominate non-traditional student leaders who may particularly benefit from this opportunity.
- A maximum of 8 students per school are permitted. Please consult with your colleagues before submitting your nomination letter.
- When submitting your nomination letter, please indicate your preference of program dates.
Student Leadership Day nomination letters should be submitted via email to email@example.com from your school email address by Wednesday, January 29, 2020.
Space is limited. Nominations will be reviewed by our committee at the close of the nomination period, and schools will be notified of their acceptance status via email on or before Friday, January 31, 2020.
Presenting Sponsor for Student Leadership Days