Become Part of the IHMEC Team
Volunteers are an integral part of the Museum team and serve as ambassadors for the Museum. We look for commitment, positive energy, flexibility, and great customer service skills. Volunteers must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Visitor Services Volunteers work in the Museum with the public. They greet and direct visitors, sell tickets, offer memberships, assist at the coat check, and help in the gift shop.
- Administrative Volunteers assist behind-the-scenes in various departments of the Museum.
We currently are accepting applications for the following Visitor Services Volunteer position:
- Education Volunteer to assist with field trips during the school year. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds required.
- Coat Check Volunteer to assist visitors with the coat check procedure. Flexible weekday and weekend scheduling available. High school student or older.
- Admissions Clerk to provide excellent customer service while selling admission tickets to the Museum including special events and programs.
- Docents conduct tours of the Museum for visitors of all ages and diverse backgrounds. Applications for the 2013 Docent Training Program are currently being accepted!
For additional information: