Duties may include the following:
- Assist with events planning for rental of museum space
- Assist with visitor and volunteer services
- Assist with the opening and closing of the admissions office
- Assist with group tour planning
- Assist Deputy Director with special projects
- Scanning, copying and filing of operations documents
- Serve as a back-up to the receptionist answering incoming calls
- Other duties on an as-needed basis which may include clerical or research-based functions
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible to an ever-changing request for the intern’s time throughout the day
- Willingness to move throughout the museum to various areas including staff offices, admissions office, retail shop, etc.
Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center located at 9603 Woods Drive; Skokie, IL 60077
Flexible during museum administrative office hours (Monday through Friday 9 am to 5 pm)
Available for Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter Terms
This is an unpaid internship position.
ILHMEC can work with your university should your university grant credit towards internships.