The Development Intern will gain experience with fundraising and special events to increase the capacity of the Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center to secure funding and membership goals. Working directly with the Director of Development and the Development team, the Intern will be exposed to fundraising and donor relations in a nonprofit setting.
The Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center is dedicated to preserving the legacy of the Holocaust by honoring the memories of those who were lost and by teaching universal lessons that combat hatred, prejudice and indifference. The museum fulfills its mission through the exhibition, preservation and interpretation of its collections and through education programs and initiatives that foster the promotion of human rights and the elimination of genocide.
This is an unpaid internship with flexible hours.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creates new approaches to reach out to prospective members and donors
- Updates and maintains the donor database through Raisers Edge
- Assists in writing membership letters, direct mail pieces, and thank you letters to donors
- Works with the Assistant Director of Development- Special Events to coordinate special events
- Collaborates with the Development team to assist with development goals and priorities
- Other duties on an as-needed basis which may include clerical functions
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented and professional
- Creative and flexible
Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center located at 9603 Woods Drive; Skokie, IL 60077
Flexible during museum administrative office hours (Monday through Friday 9 am to 5 pm)
Available for Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer Terms
This is an unpaid internship position.
The Museum can work with your university should your university grant credit towards internships.